Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chilly Dogs

The Chihuahua breed may or may not have originated in Mexico. It may have actually had its roots in China. Then again, the present day Chihuahua may be a combination of both continents’ genes. The only thing not in doubt is that the little hairless creatures get damned cold outside when the temperature drops. Although the thermometer read 39 degrees this morning, those two Chihuahuas from last year were once again shivering outside of Peet’s when I stopped in for my java fix.
chilly dog One of the two very chilly dogs.



The pair comes with their dad, who sits inside to drink coffee and chat. The summers are fine, but the same thing happened last winter. Not sure how to handle it back then, I finally gave one of my doggie coats to the guy and mentioned I was a bit concerned about his dogs out there in the cold. He thanked me and that was the last I saw of the jacket.

Wintertime is here again. The dogs look very cold and miserable and, as usual, I want to rip the guy’s clothes off and leash him to the outside rail. I am presently enrolled in advanced studies on how to mind my own business. This situation is none of my business, but I somehow think it ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment