Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Another Oldie But Goodie

Last week I wandered into the SPCA and let them know I was looking for a really old, unadoptable dog to adopt. Have I got the dog for you, says the director. Age? Somewhere between 90 and death, she says. Size? Less than five pounds sopping wet.
og b4 grooming og b4 4 Grandpa? Really?



The dog, saddled with the most unfortunate name of Grandpa, had been sent back to the Madera shelter where he would no doubt be euthanized. Grandpa was not only old, but rotten of teeth and damaged of eye (probably glaucoma). “Sounds good. Bring him back,” I told the director.

og b4 3 Only a little worse for wear.


As these things always seem to happen, Grandpa returned the day I had to leave town for an emergency. Nickie went down to pick him up and immediately texted me pictures, because I just couldn’t wait to see my new Chihuahua. Grandpa was not a Chihuahua, but a breed apparently related to Cousin It from The Addams Family. I gushed over how cute he was, because that’s what’s expected. Truthfully though, I was disappointed, deeply disappointed. I wanted my Chihuahua. I suppose I still miss my recently departed Tex.

 tex 1 Tex, who now humps with the angels.

O.G., formerly known as Grandpa, now sits in my lap. He is not only cute, but lovable, well-mannered and in fairly decent health. The SPCA sprung to have his teeth fixed and my vet decided that whatever was going on in his eye didn’t seem to bother him. O.G.’s no Chihuahua, but he’ll still look adorable dressed up in my vast wardrobe of doggie clothes.
og after grooming  Clean up good, don't I?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment