Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Say What?

A nice young lady visited Little Pup Lodge with her Coton de Tulear and mentioned more than once how valuable it was. Although she meant that breed of dog was viciously expensive to purchase, I could have pointed out that my Oliver was valuable, too. As in, I wouldn’t trade him for a million dollars.

coton chesterfield 01  Coton de Tulears
 

I reviewed with her what we do to keep our guests safe: the secure fencing, the tinted auto windows with metal grates on them and, my personal favorite, a stun gun. The nice lady looked at me with what I interpreted as pleasant surprise. “Even for the little dogs?” she asked. Especially for the little dogs, I responded.  Slowly, I began to understand that she was not pleasantly surprised, but rather horrified. “We use it to protect our guests from big dogs,” I explained. She looked relieved.

Now I’m worried how many other people out there think the stun gun’s to keep my little charges in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment